Teron received his bachelor’s degree in Sociology from McDaniel College (formerly known as Western Maryland College) He has a master’s degree in human services and Graduate Certification in Addictions Counseling. He is a Doctoral Candidate in Healthcare Administration, and for the past 11 years, served as the Executive Director of Silverman Treatment Solutions.
Along with his duties of operating an Opioid Treatment Program (OTP), he most recently served on the Racial Disparities on Overdose Task Force (RDOTF) in 2021 as an extension of the Inter-agency Heroin and Opioid Coordinating Council (IACC). Currently serves on Law Enforcement and Adjudication Subcommittee Chair and member of the Opioid Crisis Community Council (OCCC), Howard Conty, and various other committees and task forces.
It is on these committee of service providers, state employees, and concerned citizens where he works diligently not only as a provider of professional and comprehensive service, but as an compassionate advocate to connect patients to the resources they desperately need. It is through this emphasis on treating the “whole-person”, Teron and the team at Silverman have forged relationships with the county Health Department to provide such services as:
- Monthly HIV and Hep C testing;
- Naloxone and overdose prevention training for all patients and staff;
- MOUD and outpatient substance use disorder services for drug court participants;
- Access to care via Hub and Spoke;
- MOUD Treatment for justice-involved persons at Howard County Detention Center;
- And anti-stigma education.